- All oxidants removed. (Chlorine or other such "sanitizers".)
- All organics removed. (THM's, insecticides, pesticides, etc.)
- TDS (total dissolved solids) from 10 o 30 ppm (parts per million)
- Hardness of 0-4 grains per gallon.
- Low sodium water, i.e., less than 10 mg/L.
- pH depends on the Bean you are using, plus the method of extraction.
- Iron, Manganese and copper gone, or less than 0.02 ppm.
What is the best way to get this type of water?
With a reverse osmosis system! This system usually has a particulate and carbon filter (organics, oxidants and particulates are reduced); and a membrane (reduces the TDS by about 90% -- including hardness, sodium and others as well). Reverse osmosis water has the impurities reduced by 98% or more, leaving only high quality water behind. Which is perfect for coffee and tea !!