The information and/or procedures presented in the following demonstration(s) should be performed by a trained Water Cooler Service Technician only. Never attempt to service or repair a water cooler while it is plugged into any power supply. Prior to any service or repair of the water cooler, ensure that the water has been completely drained from the system.
Scheduled cleaning and sanitization is recommended to ensure the integrity of your drinking water. This scheduling will vary depending on the conditions and environment in which the cooler is in use. Follow the steps outlined below under Cleaning Instructions for sanitization methods of the water contact points.
For cleaning exterior surfaces use only mild dishwashing liquid detergent. DO NOT USE bleach or abrasive cleaners.
- Unplug the cooler.
- Remove the water bottle and drain excess water through the faucets. On Hot & Cold models turn hot tank switch off and allow 2 hours for the hot water to cool down. Remove drain plug at the rear of the cooler and drain water into a container (0.4 of a gallon or 1.8L).
- Remove the locking pin located at rear of Crystal Guard. Place fingertips of both hands on Crystal Guard and turn it counter clockwise until it is free from the cooler opening and remove from cooler. Note: For models with DryGuardTM non spill system see DryGuardTM installation & removal procedure.
- Remove baffle disk by unscrewing it and set aside.
- Add ¼ cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 1 gallon (4.5 L) of clean water and pour into reservoir. Wipe the internal reservoir components, baffle disk and faucets with a clean cloth.
- Rinse reservoir, baffle and both faucets thoroughly with clean water several times
- Replace baffle disk and reassemble cooler.
- Place new bottle on appropriately and draw 1 cup of water from each faucet and discard.
- Plug cooler back into outlet and resume use.