The other day my 17 year old said to me “I’m just living my best life”
Since then I’ve tried to do the same. I've been on the other side of my best life and it feels stressful, tense, not very fun and physically draining. It's certinaly not a place I want to stay and yet it can easliy become the default.
So I've been thinking about what it looks like to live my best life each and every day.
1. First and foremost, it starts with a positive attitude. You can look around and see all problems in the world and in your life-- or you can start your day by seeing all that’s right- all the things that are working to support you.
2. Next it's becoming aware of the activities that bring you joy. Sometimes we can get caught up in the rat race of just “doing” the habitual busy work. I know for me it can be challenging to switch gears and carve out time to do something I really love.
3. It would be hard to live your best life when you physically don't feel good. If you have physical pain or your vitality is lacking, it will be more challenging to do the things you love. Feeling your best physically starts with what you feed your body. Fresh, clean, unprocessed foods and clean, filtered water are at the top of my list. Your body is like a car, if you don’t feed it clean fuel it's going to get all clogged up and sluggish.
If you were getting ready to go on a road trip you’d likely fill up your car with gas- you wouldn’t leave on an empty tank because you’d run out of gas before you get there. Your body is the same- if you don’t take time to refuel with healthy foods and clean filtered water, it's going to eventually get sluggish and quit on you. This will leave you feeling like you can't live your best life!
The best advice I’ve received when I want to make changes in my life is to start where you are. There's no use getting stressed about where you are NOT and how far you have to go. Making changes starts with the first step.
Your first step could be as simple asto your daily routine. It's amazing how sluggish I feel on the days where I don't drink enough water.
Your body needs clean water to help:
- Rid your body of toxins
- Lubricate your joints
- Ensure your food is digested well
Start living your best life today:
1. Start with clean, chemical free water as your foundation and build up from there
2. Eat fresh fruit and veggies, lean protein and complex carboydrates
3. Move your body
4. Breathe deeply
5. Get out a journal and start writing down all the things that increase your vitality and joy.
I hope this gives you a place to start so you can enjoy vitality once again and begin living your best life each and every day!